Dennis holds a bachelor of laws from university of Rwanda and is currently pursuing a masters degree in international criminal justice and human rights at the same institution. He has previously done research for various institutions on various topics including rights of health care workers in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic and co-ordination of healthcare services in various states during covid-19 pandemic.
Apart from exemplary research skills, his legal practice focuses mainly on corporate law and commercial transactions including but not limited to legal due diligence in Merger and Acquisition, Flip transactions; incorporating and advising corporate entities on governance and regulatory compliance; banking and finance; intellectual property registration and licensing.
- Qualified for Nuremberg international criminal law moot court in 2018
- Represented Rwanda at the African International Humanitarian Law Moot Court in Arusha, Tanzania in 2018
- Best speaker at ICRC National Moot Court on International Humanitarian Law in 2018
- Advised CAPTUA GLOBAL, an accounting firm located in Rwanda on its corporate restructuring.
- Advised ARED Ltd(R) on a Flip transaction to Delaware, USA and its tax implications in Rwanda.
- Oversaw and advised on the incorporation of Kava Juru Farms Ltd in Rwanda
- Drafted land purchase agreements and conducted due diligence on land purchase transaction worth USD 76000
- Engaged by O’genius Priority Ltd to draft IT policies, Procedures Manuals, employment and consultancy contracts
- Part of the team that advised Giz, i4policy and the Government of Rwanda on the creation of the Rwanda Technology Enabled Innovation Policy. Required to advise on business and innovation laws/policies.
- Advised different startups on issues ranging from corporate structure, investment readiness, valuation, labour, tax and regulation compliance in the Fast Track Rwanda Project organized by Giz in collaboration with 250 Startups Rwanda.
- Advised Umoja Investment Group ltd on their corporate structure and governance including using inside debt as executive compensation.
- Advised and drafted a shareholders agreement for Dbk Partners Ltd
- Advised Dbk Partners Ltd on setting up an Investment Fund Partnership with various investors and drafted their partnership agreement.
- Advised investors on setting up a joint venture dealing with agribusiness and real estate investment in Rwanda.
- Training and mentoring ten lawyers in the 250 startups fifth cohort mainly in corporate law, intellectual property and tech law.